Space activities are undergoing many changes. New producers and new customers are entering; new technologies are introduced and more countries consider space as a strategic area. All these changes are referred to as “New Space”.
New Space generates opportunities and threats for new entrants as well as for existing space companies. Besides their activities in New Space, existing space companies struggle to improve their competitive advantage in traditional space activities referred to as Main Space (e.g. civil and military institutional programs, Satcoms).
This Specialized Track aims at providing knowledge, tools and techniques allowing participants to leverage the changes in space business as well as to participate in Main Space business.
This track is made of four main parts (*):
• Fundamentals of space business and applications
• Global history of space
• Strategic and economic review of space markets
• New Space business
• Innovation strategy in space sector: the case of Space X and CubeSats
• Emergence of a space markets and analysis of threat for incumbents
• Space applications and downstream services• Main space business
• Partnering in Space: Challenges and opportunities
• Defense and acquisition: application to space
• Presentation of international turnkey contracts for telecommunication satellites or Business plan and financing
• Space funding
• Company visit
This specialized track is designed and coordinated by an Academic supervisor. The latter benefits from an Advisory Board (consisting in Experts and Leaders from the Industry) providing scientific and pedagogical support. This Specialized track has been designed in collaboration with the SIRIUS Chair. SIRIUS is a business chair based on an original partnership between three leading operators in the global space sector (CNES, Airbus Defense and Space and Thales Alenia Space) and two respected higher education institutions (Toulouse Business School and Toulouse 1 Capitol University).(*) Content might slightly vary owing to unexpected changes which might occur amongst the scheduled speakers.
This specialized track offers challenging opportunities to enhance participants’ managerial skills towards the space sector. It gives a specialization to MBA level facilitating experienced executives to take over business responsibilities in embracing the scope of Main Space and New Space business. This track will provide skills to the participants in the following areas (**):• Understand space business and its complex value chain• Elaborate innovation strategies• Conduct a dynamic market analysis• Taking part in partnership in space• Participate to international turnkey contracts• Understand the space funding• Be involved in defense acquisition
• Aerospace MBA Delegates (i.e. regular “students” of the TBS Aerospace MBA program)
• TBS Alumni & Partners (***)
• Executives and representatives from “non-space” industries eager to broaden their knowledge of this sector (market, possible positioning and business for their organizations…)
• Representatives of space-related companies with an engineer & technical background aiming at extending their understanding of this industry
• Representatives from public bodies or from the Defense sector willing to get a transverse view of the sector and the related business trends
• Fluent English
• More than 5 years’ work experience
• … and curious about this sector!
Toulouse 10 Days, i.e. 60 hours
DELIVERY MODE- TEACHING METHOD
This specialized track exposes participants to current and relevant industry insights and experiences in a mix of classroom interaction and experiential learning. Specialists are brought in to help understanding the complex and rapid changes that are reshaping the marketplace.Participants interact actively in discussions sharing their experiences to enrich the learning of the cohort. To complete the learning experience, a visit in a leading organization is fully part of the Specialized Track. Mix of lectures from practitioners working for leading space companies and academia:
• Aerospace MBA Delegates will get grades, required in the frame of the degree
• Other participants (Alumni and representatives) will get the TBS Certificate “Space Business & Applications”
5,000€ (***) For TBS Alumni and Partners, special fees apply, under conditions.
Space – New Space – Satellite – Market – Trends – Innovation – Applications – Business Models – High tech – Launchers – Space Organizations – Research – Defense – Telecom – Earth Observation – Service Provider – Operators – Stakeholders – Space agencies – Digital – Environment – Industry
Start the conversation today!
Send us your résumé to assess fit with the program.