The theme chosen that year for the "Law and Space" day was "The space industry facing the new dynamics of the world market". No less than 4 workshops were organized with renowned speakers. Find their presentations here.
WORKSHOP 1 - WHICH NEWCOMERS?
- New States: what new international space club is emerging before our eyes, with what new space ambitions?
- New operators: SpaceX, OneWeb… new competitors or new partners?
- New markets: new activities, new models, new balances?
WORKSHOP 2 - WHAT NEW ISSUES?
- Environmental protection: constraint or opportunity for the space industry?
- Satellites: a response to the challenges of environmental protection
- Hybrid networks: what growth reservoirs at the borders of mobile applications and earth observation?
- Digital platforms: what lessons can be learned from the experience of FinTechs?
WORKSHOP 3 - WHAT NEW STRATEGIES?
- Small satellites: is the miniaturization of satellites a breakthrough innovation?
- NewSpace: challenges and opportunities for the space industry in Europe.
- Spatial data: are we moving towards a generalization of the free provision of spatial data (images, location data, telecommunications data)?
- Integration strategies: what lessons can be learned from the organization of the energy market?
WORKSHOP 4 - WHAT NEW GOVERNANCE?
- Spectrum of frequencies: what are the stakes in the approach of a World Radiocommunication Conference?
- Spatial laws: what lessons can be learned from the proliferation of spatial laws?
- Suborbital flights: what legal regime to build?
- Space debris: what uniform liability regime should be put in place?